Yotsubahou Reiiden ~ Crisis of Western Oriental Land
November 7th 2018 - On that day, on a certain image board, a certain moderator made a certain crucial mistake: He tripped over the power cord to the site's hyper cyber security prison, letting all the site's greatest enemies run free. It is now up to the certain moderator yournamehere (/ck/) and his colleagues kinomod (/a/) and Aerolite to round up all the villains, as well as save the site from a threat greater than they could have ever anticipated.
This is easily one of the dumbest game ideas I've had, so I couldn't resist making it a reality. I always kinda disliked setting shmups in space, so this seemed like a nice different thing. Additionally, Touhou Hagurumaden was a Touhou fangame storywise, but I wanted to make a gameplay tribute too. And finally, I wanted a -hou series (though I doubt I will ever make a sequel). Thanks for trying it out (but please don't play the extra stage before clearing the main story, that's illegal)!
Controls for Windows/Web:
- Movement - Arrow keys
- Shoot/ Advance text/Select - A
- Bomb / Skip Text - S
- Focus (move slower + see hitbox) - D
- Skip warning screen - Enter
- Full screen: CTRL + Enter for Windows / Button for Web
- Open&Close Pause Menu / Exit from title screen - Escape
- Original release date: 07/02/19
- This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
- It's made with prism, but there's too many bullets on screen, so don't expect a dreamcast port for this one (there's even windows slowdown here, we're reaching levels of slow previously unimaginable).
- Source code is on github: http://github.com/CaptainDreamcast/Yotsubahou/
Thanks for playing!
Extract the folder and open yh01.exe.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.