Can Dan defeat the evil Sagat, save the multiversial structure of reality and avenge his dead father?
Controls for Windows/Web:
- Movement - Arrow keys
- Weak punch - Q
- Medium punch - W
- Strong punch - E
- Weak kick - A
- Medium kick - S
- Strong kick - D
- Start - Enter
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - Escape
Controls for Dreamcast:
- Movement - D Pad or Analog stick
- Weak punch - X
- Medium punch - Y
- Strong punch - L
- Weak kick - A
- Medium kick - B
- Strong kick - R
- Start - Start
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - A+B+X+Y+Start (Standard Dreamcast combo)
- Character sources: Dan (SFA), Dan (MvC), Dan (SF3 Edit), Dan (SF1 edit), Dan (smol), Sagat (SFA), Sagat (SF2), Rock Howard, Ridley, Dan's dad, The man himself
- Additional character/sprite sources: Cirno, SamusSamus, Terry, Sagat (SNK)
- Stage sources: Thailand, Old Line, Ridley's lair, GALAXIA2, Mountainside Temple/Training room
- This is an early in-development Mugen interpreter for Dreamcast, so all glitches, false behaviours and other uncanny stuff happening with the characters/stages are not the original creators' fault, but rather reflect this developmental status.
- The more technical Mugen-on-Dreamcast stuff should go in this thread if possible: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3320
- The Dreamcast version does currently not support 50Hz mode, so please make sure your TV can display 60Hz (or use a VGA cable).
- Source code is on github: http://github.com/CaptainDreamcast/DolmexicaInfinite/
Thanks for playing!
Extract the folder and open DanmexicaInfinite.exe.
Burn the .cdi file to a CD-R using Padus Discjuggler 6.0 (https://legacy.padus.com/produ...). CD-RWs will not work. Burn at slow speeds, if possible. Put the CD-R in your Dreamcast. If it shows -Dolmexica Infinite Demo 3 executable- during the Sega logo screen, you did everything correctly.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
What did I just play, this works on dreamcast apparently?
It sometimes lags a little on Dreamcast (especially the SNK Dan vs Rock Howard fight), but yes, it works. That's the nice thing about (retro) consoledev, if it works on one console, you can be sure that it works on all of them, that's kinda comfy to know. Only thing I can't say is if it works on Dreamcast emulators, I haven't tested with those.
Either way, thanks for testing/playing!
good luck, would love some footage of it working on an actual dreamcast!
Thanks. Sadly, I don't have anything to record Dreamcast footage with, so I can't make a video of the Dreamcast version. It's something that's come up in the past already, so I should really look into getting one, I'm sorry.