another great game man, keep up the great work
Dream Fight 2022
It's back and only one year behind! After years of isolation, Axl Low decides to participate in a bootleg fighting game crossover tournament to reconnect with society, a slightly janky society, but society nonetheless. Will he be able to uncover the dark conspiracy threatening the fighting game world this year? Will Sagat finally be able to work off the extra weight he put on while fighting from the home office? And has it been long enough to make jokes about the Queen again? Once again Dream Fight asks the questions we neither wanted asked nor answered... in 2022!
First Dolmexica mod with a story since Dream Fight 19 A.D. If Dream Fight 20 A.D. was getting back into the general Dolmexica code, then this was about getting back into the story mode. A bit lower in scope than previous Dream Fights with only six fighters, but that was about the scope I had always imagined the post-19 games to be. Hope you can still get a little something out of it! Thanks for trying it out!
Controls for Windows/Web:
- Movement - Arrow keys
- Weak punch - Q
- Medium punch - W
- Strong punch - E
- Weak kick - A
- Medium kick - S
- Strong kick - D
- Start - Enter
- Full screen: CTRL + Enter for Windows / F8 for Web (make sure to click game in firefox first or fullscreen will fail)
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - Escape
- Instant Win - F1
Controls for Dreamcast:
- Movement - D Pad or Analog stick
- Weak punch - X
- Medium punch - Y
- Strong punch - L
- Weak kick - A
- Medium kick - B
- Strong kick - R
- Start - Start
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - A+B+X+Y+Start (Standard Dreamcast combo)
Controls for Vita:
- Movement - D Pad or Left Analog stick
- Weak punch - Square
- Medium punch - Triangle
- Strong punch - Left shoulder button
- Weak kick - X
- Medium kick - Circle
- Strong kick - Right shoulder button
- Start - Start
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - X+Circle+Square+Triangle+Start
- KFM stage made by Elecbyte: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/mugen.html
- Character sources: Axl Low, Guile, Scorpion, Morrigan, Dr. Doom, Mario
- Stage sources: Axl Stage, Guile Stage, Scorpion Stage, Morrigan Stage, Dr. Doom Stage, Mario Stage
- BGM sources: Nice Old Tradition, Welcome To My Garden, Funky Goat Store, Action Rock
- This is an in-development Mugen interpreter for Dreamcast, so all glitches, false behaviours and other uncanny stuff happening with the characters/stages are not the original creators' fault, but rather reflect this developmental status.
- The more technical Mugen-on-Dreamcast stuff should go in this thread if possible: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3320
- The Dreamcast version does currently not support 50Hz mode, so please make sure your TV can display 60Hz (or use a VGA cable).
- Other documentation: https://captaindreamcast.github.io/DolmexicaInfinite/dolmexica.html
- Source code is on github: http://github.com/CaptainDreamcast/DolmexicaInfinite/
Thanks for playing!
Extract the folder and open DreamFight22.exe.
Burn the .cdi file to a CD-R using Padus Discjuggler 6.0 (https://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/burning/padus_disc_juggler.cfm). CD-RWs will not work. Burn at slow speeds, if possible. Put the CD-R in your Dreamcast. If it shows -Dolmexica Infinite 1.4 executable- during the Sega logo screen, you did everything correctly.
Transfer the .vpk to a Vita and install it from VitaShell. For info on how to jailbreak your Vita, refer to the information in this guide. In addition to that, libshacccg.suprx (a Vita shader compiler needed by vitaGL) needs to be extracted on your Vita. For information on how to extract libshacccg.suprx, please follow the information provided in this guide. The Vita emulator Vita3K is not supported currently.