cool just wish there were more charcters
Dream Fight 16 A.D.
Note: The web version is still a little hiccupy. In case it freezes for you, please try the Windows and/or Dreamcast versions.
Current state: Chrome 100% broken, Firefox seems stable now (please leave a comment if your game crashes under Firefox)
Controls for Windows/Web:
Note: Keyboard controls can be a bit messy for two players, try using two controllers when playing with a friend!
Input format: Action - Player1 input / Player 2 input
- Movement - Arrow keys / 8,4,6,2
- Weak punch - Q / Z
- Medium punch - W / U
- Strong punch - E / I
- Weak kick - A / H
- Medium kick - S / J
- Strong kick - D / K
- Start - Enter / 3
- Advance story text - A
- Skip story text (how dare you) - Enter
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - Escape
Controls for Dreamcast:
- Movement - D Pad or Analog stick
- Weak punch - X
- Medium punch - Y
- Strong punch - L
- Weak kick - A
- Medium kick - B
- Strong kick - R
- Start - Start
- Advance story text - A
- Skip story text (how dare you) - Start
- Return to title screen / Exit the game from title screen - A+B+X+Y+Start (Standard Dreamcast combo)
Gathering the Dreamcast's strongest fighters!
It's the 16th annual Dream Fight tournament and we have spared no expenses to gather the Dreamcast's three most notorious fighters. The grand prize: a long-awaited sequel!
Who will go home as a champion and who will leave in a stretcher? Find out in Dream Fight 16 A.D.!
A brand new 2D Fighter storming its way to the Sega Dreamcast in 2017!
(Dream Fight 16 A.D. is one of my silly smaller games, so please don't go in expecting something grand, ok?)
- Original release date: 09/09/2017
- KFM character and stage made by Elecbyte: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/mugen.html
- Beat character made by Hyde233: https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=14809-beat-hyde233
- Sonic the Hedgehog character made by Claymizer: http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Claymizer; Had to use the V1 character due to memory limits, make sure to check out his V2 if you like that stuff.
- This is an experimental MUGEN port to Dreamcast, so all glitches, false behaviours and other uncanny stuff happening with the characters/stages are not the original creators' fault, but rather reflect this experimental status.
- General game discussion goes in the comments, more technical Mugen-on-Dreamcast stuff should go in this thread if possible: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3320
- Source code is on github: http://github.com/CaptainDreamcast/DreamFight16/
- You can follow me on twitter, if you're into that: http://twitter.com/CaptDreamcast
Thanks for playing!
Extract the folder and open DreamFight16.exe.
Burn the .cdi file to a CD-R using Padus Discjuggler 6.0 (https://legacy.padus.com/produ...). CD-RWs will not work. Burn at slow speeds, if possible. Put the CD-R in your Dreamcast. If it shows -Dream Fight 16 A.D. executable- during the Sega logo screen, you did everything correctly.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey Captain Dreamcast can you make the dream fight 16 ad where i can use My Xbox Controller
Thanks for telling me about the issue! First I tried porting it to the newest version of my engine, which soon ran into impossibilities, as every single thing seems to have changed, including the programming language.
Then I tried at least recompiling the web version, which worked after a lot of fiddling. The problem with Dream Fight 16 is that, unlike the other fighters, it is not a Dolmexica game, meaning that it uses completely custom code and I can't take the assets and just use them in the newer Dolmexica. Either way, I hope the new version I just uploaded works for you!
I also tried improving the loading speed a little after you mentioned the other games were loading slowly, I hope it improved a bit!
Oi , tdo bem galera! Alguem sabe me informar como baixar jogos em mugen, e como adaptalos pra dreamcast que eu amo demais, poderia ter console so pra mugen!!!!obrigado a todos!!! Maubarpin@gmail.com
I'm not that good at Portuguese, so I'll answer in English, I hope that helps as well:
The Mugen interpreter for Dreamcast is called Dolmexica. Creating a Mugen/Dolmexica disc for Dreamcast generally has two steps.
- The first step is to create the Dolmexica mod you want to. burn to the disc. First, download the newest Dolmexica binary here. There is also a Windows version, which you can use to test characters/stages without wasting a disc. Dolmexica and Mugen share the same folder structure, except two small differences: In Dolmexica, all files are located in the assets folder (so the relevant folders relative to the 1ST_READ.BIN, the binary, become assets/data, assets/chars, etc.). The second difference is that Dolmexica does not support minuses in file names, due to restrictions in the ISO naming format for CDs. As I said, what you generally want to do is check your files with the Windows version first and then burn them to Dreamcast to see if things still work out with runtime/memory/etc. Which brings me to the second step:
- Actually burning the disc. This can be a bit tricky, but luckily there are programs available to help with this step. The one that is most commonly used is bootdreams, and christuserloeser wrote a rather comprehensive guide on how to make CDs with that here: http://dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=82700. Once you have the 1ST_READ.BIN and the folder with all the characters/stages, you can follow the part "How to create and burn your own DC image with BootDreams" of the guide to create a selfboot cd that works on Dreamcast.
It's still a bit rough as far as usability is concerned and I apologize for frustration that might come from that. I'll work on making the whole process easier once I've gotten to a better place with the main Mugen interpreter stuff. Either way, thanks for writing!
I like your stuff man!
very rare to see new games being made for old consoles, the dream still lives.
keep it up!